Hey Heavy Heart

Assalamualaikum,

When you have a heavy heart, please do not go around messing with other innocent people. Even if they are the source of your bad day, please have some dignity. Pretty girls don't do stuff like that. [Ha ha ha] Do bear in your mind that you are not the only human being walking on this earth with all sorts of problem in your heart. Your [so called] issue could be the tiniest compare to others.

I am not the expert in heavy heart stuff or how to overcome it. But I'd like to share some 'steps' that worked well for me --- some were advised, some were learnt.


Solat and Al-Quran. For Muslims, this is the best and the first step I'll suggest. Perform the solat and recite the Al-Quran. In your solat, 'tell' HIM your entire burden. Ask for HIS forgiveness, ask for HIS Rahman and Rahim, and ask HIM to show you the way. You should try this: Al-Quran recitations help to heal all wounds. I have an experience where the more I recite, the stronger I felt.

Mix with positive people. This is crucial. Do not mix around with those 'racun' kind of people. What you need is nice words, words that soothe you. Your close friends should be able to do that. Friends will do that. If they run away from you during your heavy heart time, ask them to pack their bag and never to comeback!

Listen to motivational songs. I'd like to clarify something on this. Motivational songs not necessarily songs that sings stronger soul or smarter choice. It can be a sad song, as long as you, the listener, feel relief and motivated while listening to it. Happy positive songs are highly recommended, though sad songs sometime works [for me]. It takes extra energy to think of the silver lining from a sad singing.

Do stuff you love. Does stuff that is for sure you can't resist being happy. I'll eat, I'll read, I'll watch movies and TV, I'll write... I'll go spend my time with my family and friends. Go shopping! Anything, but nothing stupid and you'd regret. Be rationale. You only have a heavy heart, not mentally incapable to think.

Sleep well. Sufficient sleeping hours keep your sanity on the right track. Sleepy is like fog, it clouded your judgment. I know sometime sleeping is hard when your mind can't stop thinking on the aching part. What I usually do, I will only go to bed when my eyelids are too heavy to stay awake. If that doesn't work, I'd read or watch the most boring book or shows. Please do not take any medication that is never prescribed to you.

Eat well. Good foods mean good health. Energy is required in thinking. When you are not eating well, your body will experience lack of nutrition and become weak. Unhealthy body mean unhealthy mind. Unhealthy mind can't think appropriately. Furthermore, if you don't eat well how are you going to do all the above?? :D

Stop blaming. I know that when problem struck us, we tend to blame; we blame it on others and the worst we blame it to ourselves. Blaming did not help. That must stop. Don't you feel for each blame, you are on flame; burn alive?

Being egoistic did not help. This is the most inappropriate attitude. First, ego will stop you from seeking help --- which you really need, and secondly it make you a boastful crap who did not consider to make an initiative because you are too ego too admit or to apologize or to make things right!

Do not talk if your thoughts did not produce anything good to share. If you continue to be talkative even though you can't say nice words to other, you might regret it. I will talk less or just sit silently if all I have in mind are harsh words. [I tend use big and heavy words when I'm in bad mood~]

All problems have solution. ALLAH did not test you if you are unable to go through the test. Believe in HIM, accept HIS wills. Redha with HIM. It is easier to talk than to do. But you have to try it first, than you can tell me that.

May ALLAH protect hearts that belong to HIM and worship HIM. Amiin.

Wassalam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugly Jealousy

Knock, knock, knock!

Klik! Klik! Children