Anticipating Breaking Dawn - Part 2

"Charlie, I realize that I’ve gone about this out of order. Traditionally, I should have asked you first. I mean no disrespect, but since Bella has already said yes and I don’t want to diminish her choice in the matter, instead of asking you for her hand, I’m asking for your blessing. We’re getting married, Charlie. I love her more than anything in the world, more than my own life, and – by some miracle – she loves me that way, too. Will you give us your blessing?"
Edward Cullen, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 1, p.15

"For just an instant, listening to the absolute confidence in his voice, I experienced a rare moment of insight. I could see, fleetingly, the way the world looked to him."
Bella Swan, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 1, p.15


I see Bella and Edward twirling on their wedding day as I am listening to the wedding version of Iron & Wine's "Flightless Bird, American Mouth". The book never mention their wedding song, and there would be no other songs as perfect as "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" for the event. Bella and Edward danced to this song on their prom - it was specifically chosen by Kristen Stewart, so I heard. Bella’s foot was encased in plaster and Edward... I think that was the only prom Edward ever attended. In addition, if you listen to the original version and then the wedding version, you'd sense the transition between Edward and Bella's relationship from "prom" into "wedding". So yes, I agree with Robert Pattinson that Breaking Dawn Part 1 do have Twilight mood in it.


"I’ve been waiting a century to marry you, Miss Swan."
Edward Cullen, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 2, p.28

"Let me introduce you to my wife."
Edward Cullen, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 4, p.54

"Enjoying the party, Mrs. Cullen?"
Edward Cullen, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 4, p.55


Finally, Edward would officially be a married man. *sigh!*
It doesn't feel that real when it stays in book. Hahaha. My Twilight Saga journey seems to calm down a bit on the wedding day. After 3 books - convincing Edward that "it doesn't matter" even if the lion falls in love with the lamb, crying my heart out over his "no" answer, jumped off the cliff then fly half the world to save him and finally accepting the proposal [that makes me smile the whole season] - my heart can have a rest in Breaking Dawn. It is not easy to handle the rush of feelings... Well, that was before I realized there would be a baby girl involve!

What I want to see - there are so many! Splitting Breaking Dawn into two parts is brilliant. It is a long and heavy book. I took extra time to finish it. Because of that, we need Renesmee to cheer up Breaking Dawn Part 2. After all, nobody can escape from her charm ^_____^
So before we get to the toughest part, let's just enjoy the first half of everything:

- The "before" car!
- Edward and Bella breaking the wedding news to Charlie
- Bella breaking the wedding news to Renee
- Alice's wedding preparation
- The wedding!
- Pregnant Bella
- Edward


While Bella hated her "before" car and misses her truck, human population is awed by it. It is a Mercedes S600 Guard, Bella darling. A Mercedes S600 Guard.

Billy Burke played his part very well in previous movies. I can't imagine other actor being Charlie. I really want to see Charlie's reaction upon receiving the news. You know, the part when Bella explain how Charlie changes colors. Haha. That scene can be awesome! Other than that, I hope more Charlie - Bella's moments would survive. They were timeless, especially the part when Charlie sits down and realized that Bella's wedding is in few hours... As a clueless parent who love his daughter so much and hating the boyfriend at the same time, handing Bella's hand for marriage is the hardest thing for Charlie.

Renee was portrayed as a teenage-adult all the while. But I was really touched by her response for Bella's decision to marry Edward. I am hoping to see that motherly advice and comfort in Breaking Dawn Part 1. Considering the wedding was number one than boiling live puppies, I think that Renee must have suppressed her intelligence under her childish personality :p And of course I want to see Renee holding on to Phil's arm and holding Charlie's hand while sending Bella.

A wedding requires perfection and to have a psychic as your wedding planner is a bonus! Nothing could go wrong in Alice's hands. But any wedding planner would have a hard time working with a bride named Bella. Haha. I expect to have fun watching Alice preparing Bella for her wedding. Imagine her bossing Bella and Charlie to comply with her plan.... actually she'll be bossing everybody. *wink* In the book, Rosalie chip in and help with Bella's hair. I really, really hope they would keep this part and gives Rosalie a chance to make things up with Bella [Yes, this scene made up into the movie! Yeay~].

Here comes the important part - the wedding reception. The production must make sure they got this one scene right. The wedding scene - as soon as Bella walk down the stairs until she found Edward and reach the altar - was pictured perfectly in the book. Two major challenges would be to depict the Bella's feeling and mood and to transport the set out from the book into the screen.
Wedding is the most important day for a girl. Bella’s decision to marry Edward Cullen make the day bigger than anything in the world. A girl is letting go everything in her life for one love. Her decision gives a whole new meaning to starting a new life after marriage. They must make us feel the "my world, which had been upside down for so long now, seemed to settle into its proper position" sensation.

I'm not going to elaborate the honeymoon scene. I am pretty sure people are looking forward for this a little bit too much. And I am damn sure the production team know what they need to do :p So let's skip everything and proceed with pregnant Bella. In the book, this part is seen through Jacob's perception - you're in his head, using his words. Reading through Jacob's is very much interesting, especially his perception towards Edward. Bella sees Edward as her world, but Jacob sees Edward as Edward - the enemy, the one guy who had steal his love and now going to get her killed. For a moment, passing the saga to Jacob seems brilliant. It releases us from all the Bella-Edward-lovey-dovey. For that short moment, we get to see what we never see and we get to understand Jacob more. Should I expect something from this movie?

Since Jacob got to share his perception, then it would be great to see the Edward Cullen from Jacob's point of view. Furthermore, it is not only Edward, this is Edward in his most hopeless, lifeless and worst situation. Team Edward would understand it with their soul, but can Team Jacob be fair to this guy? I really hope the production would show something new through Breaking Dawn Part 1. We love Edward, but we want to see more of his side, and Jacob too.

I am counting the minutes and seconds for 24th November. Rotten Tomatoes rated Breaking Dawn Part 1 as 28% with "Slow, joyless, and loaded with unintentionally humorous moments, Breaking Dawn Part 1 may satisfy the Twilight faithful, but it's strictly for fans of the franchise" comment. Ya, ya , ya. I can't blame them. Twilight Saga sits in its own class and not many can understand it :p

If Christina Perri's "Thousand Years" speaks for Bella, I find Sleeping at Last's "Turning Page" to speak for Edward. So I'm leaving you with the song as I'm getting ready to attend Edward and Bella's wedding reception. Will I see you there? ^_____^

Note: I'm dedicating this song to Oppa. May one day you'll find a girl worth to fall in love to and she'll be the turning page of your life <3!


Turning Page
by Sleep at Last

I’ve waited a hundred years.
But I’d wait a million more for you.
Nothing prepared me for
What the privilege of being yours would do.

If I had only felt the warmth within your touch,
If I had only seen how you smile when you blush,
Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough,
I would have known what I was living for all along.
What I’ve been living for.

Your love is my turning page,
Where only the sweetest words remain.
Every kiss is a cursive line,
Every touch is a redefining phrase.

I surrender who I’ve been for who you are,
For nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart.
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours,
Well, I would have known what I’ve been living for all along.
What I’ve been living for.

Though we’re tethered to the story we must tell,
When I saw you, well, I knew we’d tell it well.
With a whisper, we will tame the vicious seas.
Like a feather bringing kingdoms to their knees.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugly Jealousy

Knock, knock, knock!

Klik! Klik! Children