A Better Perspective for A Better Fight

Assalamualaikum,

“This is not stress. This is a person managing new challenges in her life.”

In this office, we almost never use the word "problem". It is always and strongly recommended to use "issue". It is because, "problem" will make people to react defensively while "issue" suggests the need to discuss. Potato, potahto? Well, it makes a lot of differences.

Issue: an important topic or problem for debate or discussion
Problem: a matter or situation regarded as unwelcome or harmful and needing to be dealt with and overcome.

Handling this latest *challenge* after being touched by anxiety, I find this technique very helpful. Alhamdulillah. All Praise be to Allah. I can't think properly if I keep falling apart. I will survive, somehow, but it will be me against two elements: 1) The pressure and 2) the act of pulling and holding myself together throughout the process. I just can't afford to spend more energy unnecessarily...

So I told my almost-anxious self that this is just a new challenge - like any other challenges in life - that I need to manage. No need to freak out. No need to worry. All I need to do is treat it as I normally do - with plans and *style*. After long hours of negotiation, myself and I believe that is a good way to see this through. (Note: Ya... I have conversation with myself ;p)

I am not an expert. This is just a sharing. This is my cognitive reframing initiative - might not be accurate, but that's the idea. Sometime all we need is a new perspective, a more positive perspective. Solution or the escape door will come after that. I always try to avoid running around in dark hoping for glowing "exit" sign on the door to lead me.

Whoever walks out alive - bruised and bleeding or unscathed - is the winner. But don't we all want something better?

Wassalam.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugly Jealousy

Knock, knock, knock!

Klik! Klik! Children