Final Bouquet

Assalamualaikum,

Delayed post; original posting date: 15 -21 April 2013

In "The Wedding Planner" Mary (J.Lo) said that if you can't wed, you planned them. As for me, if I am not the bride, I can always be the bridesmaid. True enough, in 3 years I have been a bridesmaid for 7 times. 27 Dressess much? Hahaha. I find myself unable to say no to the brides and I do jokes about being a bridesmaid for 27 times; but I never thought it could reach this integer.

Thus, before another 20 -- On a bright sunny 13th of April, wearing a beautiful peplum dress, surrounded by family and friends, on a day where everybody is happy, with the scent of fresh flowers floating in the air, while I walked the 7th bride to the her dais -- this bridesmaid decide that it is time to retire. I 'catch' my final bouquet. I actually love the wedding songs!

Why now? Let's see... Firstly, because I believe I have walked every possible bride on their wedding day. There shouldn't be any bride who needs me as a bridesmaid anymore. What about my one and only sister? Nah. She needs me on her wedding day, but not as the bridesmaid. Then comes number two: It's time to take up new role. I can't be a bridesmaid forever. Even if I'm not going to be a bride, it is time to prepare myself to organize a wedding. On the family side, I mean, not the wedding planner. You know, my younger siblings have reached their married age. In addition to those, it really doesn't feel right to bridesmaid somebody younger than you. Haha.

Bridesmaids Trivia

Most hated bridesmaid 'advise': "Don't overshadow the bride"
That is PURE NONSENSE. How could a bridesmaid overshadow the bride? On her big day? Come on. This nonsensical sentiment needs to end, A.S.A.P. And I'd say, if there's a bride who sees her bridesmaid as a threat, she might as well consider not having a bridesmaid in the first place. And for the bridesmaid, who purposely tries to overshadow the bride, you better stop doing that darling or you deserve a bouquet to your face.

Most favorite myth: Bridesmaid-ing steals your shine and delayed your own wedding.
I'd originally start with a "pffftttt". But given the situation that I am not yet married, I take that back. My current situation is caused by a lot of thing, but bridesmaid-ing is not one of it. It is just not my turn, yet. I think that's the reason I got to be a bridesmaid for 7 times. Other girls were intimidated by this silly myth! Hahaha.

Most favorite part in a wedding: The family and friends' assembly.
Wedding is an event where everybody who shares the same love connections gathered and make it extra special day. It is an event of love. I have a big family. My family member scattered all over Malaysia. Wedding is number one priority event we would try not to miss and that's when we get to see each other. Being a bridesmaid, I think meeting the brides' family and friends is my favorite part (especially when the bride is a friend). I find myself overexcited about that, that I can't sleep one week before the event. Hahaha.


Picture story:
This is my 7th bridesmaid shoes and the flower here is
kusudama I’ve been working on. Kusudama normally
has 5 petals. But for this entry, I made a special
7-colored-petals  kusudama to symbolize the events.

About My Wedding

Me and wedding; we have a long history. I was in a place where I could not escape the wedding preparation: I am that sweet niece and cousin. In addition, at that time wedding was prepared from scratch. So each hands count. And I am the perfect one in a perfect age to understand instruction and meet the expectation, the one with most available time plus the skills. How could I say 'no'? I don't really into this wedding errand things at first. But from one wedding to another, I started to gain my momentum. Practice does make perfect. After a while, wedding preparation becomes something fun to do. Pressuring, but fun.

But as Mary and Jane, when it comes to my own wedding, I'd like it to be simple. I had big dreams. But as I understand more about love and the world surrounding it, that dream also changed. I come to see that wedding reception does not define the depth of love and that a wedding does not defined by how lavish you spent. In honoring a new beginning and the extension of love - it must be with the one, witnessed and celebrated by family and friends who love both of us unconditionally.

I believe and I hope, that is all I need to be happy on my wedding day.

Wassalam.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugly Jealousy

Knock, knock, knock!

Klik! Klik! Children