My Best Friend's Wedding


Assalamualaikum,

"And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same..."

When my best friend told me that she's getting married in plus minus 30 days, a mountain of mix emotions avalanche hits me. 30 days is not enough to wrap up our bachelor best friend day! And I don't even know her future husband! More importantly, I need more time to let her go...

Me and my best friend, we are not the typical two of a kind and over the top best friend. I am the oversensitive melancholy cry baby whereas she is none of that. Hahaha. We even live two separate lives. We had a blast during our school days, before time and distance started to take their place between us. We are occupied with study, career, responsibilities and other stuff. But we survive, for 15 years.

"But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
And if you got something that you need to say
You better say it right now cause you don't have another day
Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound..."

Throughout all these years (and more years ahead InshaAllah), she is very significant in my life. I would have spent my school days being a social freak if she weren't by my side. I would not survive Mathematics and Physics if she did not make me study. I would not survive losing Mak without extra strength from her warm hands. I would have gone crazy going through my roller coaster love life and dramatic break up without her being my crying shoulder. I have melancholy as my middle name, but having her by my side make me want to enjoy my life. (While collecting pictures for this entry, I notice that I truly look happy in pictures with her ^_____^ )

Of my entire bridesmaid time (so far), to be by my best friend's side on her wedding day is the best moment ever. It is a great honor though I only played a small part in it. For a lifelong friendship, I wish I could contribute more for her wedding. I thought we'd running errands for our wedding - talking about it, picking dresses and flowers, shopping till we drop... But time and distance make it impossible. For that, I am grateful that I still had a chance to attend her wedding and do the least. [There were 5 of us and I have attended all four weddings. Mine would be the last *wink*]

When a guy found his soul mate, I lost a best friend. It truly feels like I am losing a best friend... in a good way. It took me ages to complete this entry because I always end up crying. In fact, I've been crying since her engagement day. Hahaha. For good reasons, ya. This is such an emotional entry. I have so many things to say but nothing came out the way I want. So this is the feeling when your best friend gets married - you are stuck between feeling tremendously excited and happy and being sad and lonely. Hahaha. Everybody should find time to hang out with their best friend before any of them got married! ^______^ v

My darling Maznita, it is truly my happiest that you have found a decent Prince that would love you every single day of forever. It's easy to fall in love, but hard to find someone who will catch you. Believe me, I know ^_______^ And you, MashaAllah, you have found a soul who loves you back; equally and more. Baraka Allahu Lakuma wa Baraka alikuma, Wa jamaah baina kuma fee khair. May Allah bless you and shower his blessings on you and bring you together in goodness. Amiin Ya Rabb. Be happy.

Wassalam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugly Jealousy

Knock, knock, knock!

Klik! Klik! Children