Goodbye Ben Jern

Oh my... another good bye. Why laaaaaaaaaa~!

Today, we bid farewell and we wish a great future to our one and only Loh Ben Jern of #BenHafiz FlyFM. Our heroes of insanity.

It's the final 30 minutes of flying with Ben's craziness... So sad! Huhuhuhuhu. Ben Jern has been on air since 10 PM last night - slumber party katanya - and I only sleep 3 hours plus, listening to him sambil kemas barang.

I know, some of you might think: "What is wrong with this girl, crying over a DJ...". Clearly, you don't know Ben, you never listen to these #FunnyBigBoys #BenHafiz and you never listen to Mrs. Boopathy and Pak Jamil or their Krappi Call. They are the only person on earth who can make Malaysians do *obviously* crazy stuff over a phone call. Hahahaha. Ben is the most adorable talking goat. LOL!



*** They are airing the Grandmother of All Krappi Call again - where Ben finally got krappi-ed ***
I was laughing madly in the car earlier this morning... And then I cried. Oh it was suddenly so emotional :'(

What I like about Ben?
Funny Big Boys
Most probably because he is so *real*. He is not physically here with you, cheering you through your morning or your day, but you feel connected. He is a banana who makes Mrs. Boopathy very much alive. I like his wicked-naughty laugh. Hahaha. And the fact that Ben memang taktau malu. Hahahaha. And Ben's level of craziness -- the sky! But you truly love him for that, because he *is* like that.

*** Why are they playing "River Flows in You" on this sad day! Huhuhu ***

Crazy Bros
I can't remember how I started listening to FlyFM - I was a HotFM fan. It started with The Breakfast Show with Hafiz and Prem (kalau tak silap lah). After Prem left, Hafiz got paired up with Ben. I think la. Hehehe. But they were in the evening. Sangat cool dengar mereka. Traffic jam was nothing as long as I got to listen to them. Jadi pagi aku dengar HotFM, petang FlyFM. Tiba-tiba Ben dan Hafiz tukar siaran waktu pagi... Mannnnnn... Susahnya nak buat decision masa tu. But I believe because BenHafiz is an awesome show, they won me.
I became the frequent flyer. My morning never be the same again. BenHafiz become a part of my life. Their wedding (I missed Ben's), their happy announcement that they're expecting a baby, the birth of little BenHafiz... Their petty argument and nonsense bet. The parodies, you can't forget the parodies.

Sad news from Ben :'(
Last Friday, Ben announces his departure from FlyFM after 9 years - crying. I cried, together with other flyers.

The countdown begins.

This week is especially bittersweet week. Bitter because it's the final days with Ben. Sweet because... come on, you can't be all bitter with Ben! In addition, it's sweet to see how Media Prima radio's team and the flyers come together for Ben. We have wedding of the year - this is farewell of the year! #GoodByeBen is number one this morning. Only God knows how many flyers stayed up for Ben's final 12 hours.

We cry again today.

Dear Ben Jern,
Our Ben Jern..
I am thankful you got electrocuted when you were a kid. I agree with Hafiz; that could be the cause of your insanity! Thank you for flying with me all these years. We had great laugh. I owe you the joy, Ben. So as much as I am saddened over your departure, I will remember you as the cheerful Ben we all love. Take care. Laugh more; spread the virus to more people. Have a great future ahead and stay awesome.

Dear Hafiz,
I'll see (hear) you on Monday. Let's make things work, shall we?


*group hug*

Comments

flap.etynine said…
It's was sad isn't it....rindu kt mrs boopathy....rindu nk dgr ben buat krappi call...he can be anything for a prank
'Aini said…
Dear flap.etynine,
It was a very sad event. Still can't let Ben go lah. Huhuhuhu. Trying my best to love the Wolf Pack.

Popular posts from this blog

Ugly Jealousy

Distraction

Knock, knock, knock!