Innocent Love

Today,
I'm laughing the clouds away,
I hear what the flowers say,
And drink every drop of rain,
And I see,
Places that I have been,
In ways that I've never seen,
My side of the grass is green,
Ooh I can't believe that it's so simple,
It feels so natural to me,

If this is love,
Then love is easy,
It's the easiest thing to do,
If this is love,
Then love completes me,
Cause it feels like I've been missing you,
A simple equation,
With no complications,
To leave you confused,
If this is love, love, love,
Hmm it's the easiest thing to do...
("Love is Easy" by McFly)


Assalamualaikum,

As a young girl, I find it amusing when Mak and her sisters (my aunts) would giggle like high school teenagers over their childhood love stories. It is always with the cousin or playmate they know all their life. When I started to have favorite cousins or playmate, I assume that's how they felt. But then when I begin to see the world through more serious lenses, what was once cute looked awfully ridiculous. My brain can't pull the strings and make sense to all the excitement and giggling. I mean, over a bunch of puppy love, love with no objective or happy ending? Yeah... very inspiring.

But today, when I giggled to my own childhood love story, I finally share what Mak and my aunts’ feel. Because the feeling was developed at a young age, they are pure. It was sweet, innocent platonic loves that demand nothing in return. Just love. A simple equation, with no complications...

And I guess, since it demand nothing so no pressure and no drama. They don't actually break up; they just understand that it is the matter of heart and the power of fate. Maybe that's why they can see this as another event in their life, shared with other people.

I am a terrible ex. I move on but I can't act like nothing happen. Because I love seriously, I take break up pretty seriously as well. I have war zones. Hahaha. With that, I personally adore people who actually can leave the past behind them and stay connected as friends.

As I grow more mature (and older), I believe it is a matter of time. After all, it's been said that time heals. Maybe not until today or tomorrow and not until end of this year. But I'll get there. I'll get over it sooner or later. And someday, one fine day, we all can sit together and laugh at our stories.

I was asked how I get over it, am I not curious about them...? Of course I do. Frankly, I still and will always care about their well-being. We have stories, but we are human being. Sometime the memories make me cry, thus I cry. Sometime they make me laugh, thus I laugh. But most importantly, they make me stronger and they build me to be a better person.

Thank you, sincerely.

P.S: Lama diam, tiba-tiba muncul dengan kisah perasaan. Isk isk isk! :)

Wassalam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ugly Jealousy

Knock, knock, knock!

Klik! Klik! Children